Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

How does the air intake system on a 2011 skidoo 600 ace

Customer Question
How does the air...

How does the air intake system on a 2011 skidoo 600 ace work

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/5/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 9 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It sounds like the wind is tunneled into the intake mixing in fuel with it almost like a super charged air intake.This boosts the air into the engine giving it better fuel economy as well as a boost for power.Usually, this air inlet will be tunneled around or in the air intake to create this.Unfortunately, this is all of the info I see on this here.In some cases, a dealer or local repair center might have an actual diagram of how this is done and may not charge for you to see this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete