Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I wondered if Wayne is there? 93 Kawaksaki vn750. Is Wayne…

Customer Question
I wondered if Wayne...

I wondered if Wayne is there?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

93 Kawaksaki vn750

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Is Wayne online?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a Vulcan or Kawasaki specialist there?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
I have a 93 VN750a that has a brand new battery, new magnetic relay, and the starter was tested locally by a specialist, but when I hit the start button the starter will turn over 1 or 2 then click like low battery. I tested the lead from relay to battery at 12.7 volts, tested after contact between relay clicked and 12 volts, but when I connect starter to relay it reads 7-9 volts, any ideas?
Answered in 1 day by:
12/5/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Test for high resistance in the power or ground feed cables.If there is high resistance this will cause low amperage issues causing this type of fault needing corrected.Usually, this is one of the power or ground feed cables that will cause this fault here with high resistance and a cable needing replaced.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete