Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

It will not start, good spark no fuel to the pistons. it i…

Customer Question
It will not start...

It will not start, good spark no fuel to the pistons. it i pull plugs and dump gas in it will run for a second or two

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No, it always starts fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2006 super glide

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, just isolated its a fuel problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/3/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

do you hear the fuel pump run when you first turn the ignition on?

have you checked for voltage at the fuel pump connector?

tell me everything you can.

Steve

the fuel pump runs for a few seconds when you turn on the ignition

tell me everything that has happened to the bike since it last ran.

did you perform any maintenance or add any accessories?

tell me everything you can.

Steve