Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have a Kawasaki Engine 500 that is adapted to an ATV. Ithe

Customer Question
came of a Kawasaki chopper...
I have a Kawasaki Engine 500 that is adapted to an ATV. Ithe came of a Kawasaki chopper like bike I thinks it's the Vulcan but the engine has EX500 on it. The thing is I can't get it to fire through the spark plugs, I don't think I know the wiring, I have search the net but can't get a exact diagram for this bike. Help
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Motorcycle
11/21/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 23 days ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, is a volt/multi-meter available?

What are the wire colors to the CDI?

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Sorry I don't have a Volt meter at the moment
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The Igniter has 9 wires coming out of it and it also has a Box call Junction Box as well
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The colors of the wiressence from Igniter are - yellow, black gray (threel of them together) the other side has black/yellow, brown/white, green/black,black/red, green/red and black/white
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Are you there ? You got that info ?

Thank you for allowing me time to read your post, reference the documents and compose this reply; ...bear with me as trying to come up with an alternative approach in the absence of a multi-meter.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Okay thanks. Will be waiting.

Please post back with clear pictures of these wires to the igniter. Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Hi again;

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • it may help to hardwire a secondary ground line from the battery's - terminal to the frame, to the engine and to the harness' black/yellow wires and their common tie points;
  • • ensure igniter's black/yellow wire is tied to this good ground;
  • • even if just for test purposes, wire the green/black (temporarily) to ground;
  • • check for +12V on the gray, brown/white and black/red wires;
  • • verify that the black/white and green/red are connected to their respective ignition coils;
  • • equally important, check that the integrity of the pickup/pulse coil's black and yellow wires.
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 19 days ago

Hi again,

Is further information / assistance still needed with the Vulcan?

Louie, Technician