Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Louie fitted new starter solinoid still power both sides…

Customer Question
Louie fitted new starter solinoid...
Louie fitted new starter solinoid still power both sides coil not to plug
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
11/17/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi again Kent and welcome back to JustAnswer.
Initially, post back with clear pictures of the "...new starter solinoid..." Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Honda Trx 420 replaced starter solenoid and have power both seeds of coil
No your answer be fine I've nearly done everything else
R you going to give me answer loui please

Sorry Kent but confused:

• new starter solinoid - would be the starter relay;
  • while still power both sides coil - would imply the ignition coil.

Which is it please?

No power from coil to plug I replace d the starter relay

The starter relay has no direct effect on the no-spark issue. The starter relay is supposed to address the clicking sound but starter motor would not spin.

Still, the description of "...power both sides coil..." (if it is the ignition coil) while attempting to start/crank would indicate that the PCM is not working as expected.

Is there a +12V to the black/white wire to the PCM?

Is there pulsating low voltage between the blue/yellow and green wires of the CKP sensor when attempting to start?

There is clicking noise coming from black box near fuse box with 3 big plugs into it

...and a picture of this please?