Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I recently bought a Stndard Touring Sport Fairing for my son…

Customer Question
I recently bought a...

I recently bought a Stndard Touring Sport Fairing for my son 2017 Honda Rebel 500. The kit came with no intructions.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Touring?

I called J&P Cycles and gave them the bike's info and they told me this part #917-274 to get.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, my son lives in Hawaii and he says the kit came with no instructions and i was trying to help him out, long distance. I live in Cali

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was hoping maybe he might be able to forward info to him about installing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 5 days by:
11/22/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately you may have to contact the manufacturer that made this kit to see if they can tell you how to install it and what needs done.I have had to do this in some cases myself.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete