Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Its not a motorcycle but a deere uatv that we are having a…

Its not a motorcycle...

Its not a motorcycle but a john deere uatv that we are having a problem with the mikuni carbuerator

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

It's probably either a 1991 or 92?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '91 motorcycle?

The model of the atv is MOfkTA5010691

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

He has cleaned the carb and it now will start but it only runs with the choke all the way out - and when you push the choke back in some or give it gas it will die

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It starts like it should but he cannot get it to run long enough to see how much gas it uses - the problem started all at once - it was running fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it.

11/17/2017
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

was the tractor parked for an extended reriod with old fuel in it?

tell me everything you can.

Steve

no it was not. He got the fuel from the airport here - it was fresh. it was running fine before and then just started not running right - it was hard to start - but then he got it running really good and drove it around fine. then when he tried to get it running for deer season - it just will not run right - it starts fine - then with the choke all the way out it runs but if he pushes the choke back in any or gives it gas it dies.
it is a John Deere uatv with a mikuni carbuerator. he cleaned the carb but it still has the same problem

your symptoms indicate a clogged slow/pilot jet.

the holes are very small and clog easily from gunk in the fuel tank or fuel line.

I would recommend replacing the pilot jet.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Thank you, ***** ***** cancel the monthly chgs as of now - just authorize the $5.00 that it said it would chg for the trial.

I answer questions.

I have nothing to do with your account.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please accept my answer.

thank you,

Steve

Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic