Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2010 Ducati Mutlistrada, Mivv exhaust, stock air filter,

Customer Question
2010 Ducati Mutlistrada, Mivv...

2010 Ducati Mutlistrada, Mivv exhaust, stock air filter, dynojet power commander (w/zero map). Fuel is dripping/pouring out exhaust.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Seems to start ok, fuel mileage is not the greatest

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Commander?

PC-V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a standard map for Mivv exhaust and same thing, fuel coming out exhaust. Installed zero map and no change

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
11/14/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

If you have raw fuel dripping out the exhaust then the bike must be misfiring ? Or running on 1 cylinder?

the exhaust shouldn't have any effect like this

have you disconnected exhaust O2 sensor when the new exhaust was fitted ? check that the sensor wiring is undamaged and the sensor itself

also check the state of the injector wiring for any damage and shorts as if you have an injector thats shorted out it could be on all the time

I purchased used, and it had exhaust installed. I have put about 3k miles on it. Changed oil couple of weeks back. The O2 sensor on front cylinder was loose, so i re-tightened it.
Seems to run on both cylinders. But still spraying fuel out exhaust and when I turn bike off, fuel pours out for a few seconds and then goes back to dripping.
I plan on pulling the dynojet commander off and checking all connections, and then will see if injector may be defective.
Meant to say front header from front cylinder... sorry

hello

1 thing to say are you sure its fuel thats running out?

is the coolant level dropping at all ?

It is definitely fuel. Blows out pipe too when I start it. The header connects underneath and is a slip connection, this is where the fuel is leaking out. It seems to me to be an issue with injector or like you said the wiring... something to where the injector is sending too much fuel. It could be an issue with the stock ecu too. But will look at injector/wiring first.

OK thanks for clarifying

you can check that the injectors are being operated by the ECU, its hard to hear them ‘clicking’ with back ground noise so if you use a screwdriver like a stethoscope with one end placed against the body of the fuel injector while your assistant cranks the engine
The injectors should ‘click’ as they are cycled on and off

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer