Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

My 2016 Ranger is not charging the battery whats wrong and

Customer Question
can I repair it without...
my 2016 Ranger is not charging the battery whats wrong and can I repair it without going to repair shop
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: yes its a new battery was at 12.5 v new now down to about 9 v. have to jump atv to start
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to try to fix myself if I can just started troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Motorcycle
11/13/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be an issue with the stator or voltage regulator.This is something that would need to be tested to see if and which is at fault needing replaced.This is usually best done by a shop or dealer with the correct test equipment as well as correct diagrams to locate the faulty component needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician