Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I hit a bump pretty hard and my 2010 flhxxx trike died and…

Customer Question
I hit a bump...

I hit a bump pretty hard and my 2010 flhxxx trike died and won't restart

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

2010 harley FLHXXX Trike

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 motorcycle?

FLHXXX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , I ran the diagnostic and got a couple of codes, I tightened all the connections . It starts up makes about 2 revolutions firing both cylinders then dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

New Battery , everything works

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 2 days by:
11/12/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 10 months ago
Chase Capicotti

Hi there, which codes did the bike throw when you checked them?

Motorcycle Mechanic: Ronald Brown,
 replied 10 months ago
Ronald Brown

check to see if your fuel line got disconnected. also make sure you cycle the ignition a few times. the bump may have set off the tip sensor

Ok , I will check fuel line and cycle engine
Motorcycle Mechanic: Ronald Brown,
 replied 10 months ago

ok sounds good. also keep an Eye on the ignition switch they have a tendency to come out. If that is the case you could get stranded. If you lose Complete power meaning all lights and engine..

I did the cycle, nothing! E.I.P code or is the E a T ? It wants to start
Motorcycle Mechanic: Ronald Brown,
 replied 10 months ago

check the battery connectios. make sure the positive is hooked to the positive and negative to the negative. also replace the battery in the Key fob. that should fix it

Motorcycle Mechanic: Ronald Brown,
 replied 10 months ago

if that doesnt work you can also check the antenna under the seat. it is usually located on top of the battery cover. its an elongated black box with one wire coming out of it

still not starting , it is so close ugggggg !
i took it to a harley repair shop ,Thank you for the help.Sandra