Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2006 iq 600, egt code, replaced but still flashing. checked…

Customer Question
2006 iq 600, egt...

2006 iq 600, egt code, replaced but still flashing. checked resistance and all wiring is good, is it possible a computer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No I did not and I do not have a wiring diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have tried a new EGT sensor and just tested the resistance from sensor to computer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The owner had a top end rebuild last year and then this happened on the first ride

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
have not heard back
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 3 days by:
11/12/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 9 months ago
Chase Capicotti

Hi there, you said you checked the resistance from the sensor to the computer and I assume everything looked good? Has the light been on since the rebuild?

the resistance was good, the light has been on since the rebuild
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 9 months ago

Unfortunately it sounds like you might have a computer related problem and the only sure way to remedy that would be to bring it by a dealer and have them hook up the diagnostic system to see what is going on.

I️ was thinking that, bummer. Thank you
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 9 months ago

Your welcome, sorry I couldn't offer you a better option. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Wish i had a diagnostic scanner. Other wise thank you