Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Vin comes up invalid. Sublime 2016 custom. Doesn't say. Its…

Customer Question
Vin comes up invalid ...

Vin comes up invalid

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

Sublime 2016 custom

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 motorcycle?

Doesn't say

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its not broken

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it when can I expect my answer

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

is it made by "smoked garage"?

IDK that info sorry

Motorcycle Mechanic: kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 9 months ago
kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hello, could you provide the VIN, country you are located in and did you receive any other info upon purchase such as an MSO or title that you could post a picture of?

Vin# ***** I live in the United States and I have the title not sure how to send a pic of the title to you
Just answer is requesting another 26dollars to talk to you and I've already paid 29 and haven't gotten an answer
How long do I have to wait for the answer I asked you on the sixth and it's now the 17th

I apologize for the auto prompt for a phone call, that is not controlled by me. Thanks for the additional information on the vin and having an actual title.

Seeing as you have an actual state issued title instead of an MSO the VIN will be in the state's DMV database. I'm not sure if your insurance co or a site like carfax is showing invalid but it can be caused for a few reasons.

1. The state DMV records have not been imported by insurance or website (most likely)

2. VIN checksum digit is off. In your case it is valid, click here to check it

3. Error in entry at DMV, if they put I for 1 or O for 0. It happens more than you can imagine.

I apologize for your wait, I just needed that additional info from you.

The letters and numbers don't discribe my bike according to the VIN decoder and says in valid
You say it's valid but it doesn't match my bike so
The checksum says its valid but the vin decoder says it is not so what have I learned for 29dollars I'm sure you can understand my situation
In other words Mr kwiggins you need to tell me how to fix the problem then I will gladly pay the 29dollarsandrate you top
I'm not paying Steve he never gave any answers only asked questions
Thanks waiting for your reply

What vin decoder are you using and for what purpose? Are you trying to find a vehicle history report, register with insurance?

I cant recall the decoder site I used but I only wanted to to find out the Maker engine size the title just says 2016 subli no model number its a custom bike
Does that mean you can't answer my question kwiggins