Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have a2006 650 Prowler that is difficult to start, but

Customer Question
once it does no problem.On...
I have a2006 650 Prowler that is difficult to start, but once it does no problem.On the third day of a hunt, while in four wheel drive it lost power and stumbled in performance.Then it corrected it self and ran fine.The next morning it would not start and backfired.I left it alone, then injected gas directly into the carb and turned it over .Nothing but i heard a different dragging more higher pitch noice while turning over. Jumped it with another battery and no difference.The bike has 1700 miles and garage kept
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it fluctuated only once ,ran okay for 5 minutes, then sat for a night, then would not start
JA: What year is your Prowler?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Prowler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself,But i don't like the way the mother sounds when turning over so i may have to take it in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: why did it backfire?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Motorcycle
11/2/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 1 month ago
Chase Capicotti
Hi there, Sounds like you have an ignition issue. My first thout would be a bad positioning sensor so the engine doesn’t know when to fire which would cause the backfire. Unfortunately this is nearly impossible to diagnose remotely so I would honeslty recomend taking to to a dealer to have them look at it. Hope this helps!
Chase Capicotti
Chase Capicotti
Chase Capicotti