Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Ktm 50 front sprocket keeps falling off with the cir clip…

Customer Question
Ktm 50 front sprocket...

Ktm 50 front sprocket keeps falling off with the cir clip on

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

2010 ktm 50

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '50 motorcycle?

Senior

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,I've put new sprockets front and back new chain ,aligned the sprockes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
10/19/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 10 months ago
Chase Capicotti
Hi there, it sounds like the clip is not sitting in the groove all the way or the clip has worn out. Does the groove it sits in look clean and uniform? And does the ring still snap into it or does it fit somewhat loose?