Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Where is the reverse lockout located on my 2004 Honda 350 es…

Customer Question
Where is the reverse lockout...
Where is the reverse lockout located on my 2004 Honda 350 es rancher
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
10/7/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 11 months ago
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic

Here is a link to a parts diagram for reference: http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053dd96f870021c54bdcc93/rear-crankcase-cover

The lever is #7 located at the bottom rear of the engine. Check to ensure that the lever is in place, the bolt is tight, there are no sticks or mud preventing the lever from moving and that the lever moves when the reverse button on the left handlebar is depressed and the brake lever is pulled in. If everything looks good then try removing some of the slack from the cable using the cable adjuster below the hand brake lever on the left handlebar.

Please leave a positive star rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can add a reply back to this question if you need more help with this problem.