Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I ran my crankcase out of oil (stupid i know) i just was…

Customer Question
Hi i ran my...

Hi i ran my crankcase out of oil (stupid i know) i just was being a blind and deaf idiot

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Idk i just got the bike now when i hut the starter it just grinds motor turns and if i hit the starter in third gear the back tire will spin and motor turns over.. can you tell me the extent of the damage?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2003 suzuki sv1000s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent messed with it yet im kinda mechanically challenged

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thatll be it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
10/4/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you added/changed the oil now?

As well as ensure battery is fully charged?
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.