Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Just bought a kz concord will not shift 2006 just to first…

Customer Question
Just bought a kz...

Just bought a kz concord will not shift 2006 just to first gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 motorcycle?

Model kz concord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just got it nothing yet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
What could be problem
Hello
10/4/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • change the oil;
  • • check/slightly lower the idling RPM;
  • • consider/try adjusting the clutch.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.