Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2003 suzuki volusha 800 cc. I've had it 3 seasons. bike was…

Customer Question
2003 suzuki volusha 800...

2003 suzuki volusha 800 cc. I've had it 3 seasons. bike was starving for fuel last ride barley got it home. I. ride it daily, good fuel. won't start starting fluid will run for 10 seconds and quit. i don't hear the fuel pump hum but i haven't ever noticed it possibly oversite. where is the fuse for the pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

I know the one down by the frame it has the headlight, ignition, stop light ect but nothing marked fuel pump. not exactly sure where the other is

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CC?

2003 800

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I'm at the starting point. I feel it might be the fuel pump but by the process of elimination ( time and $) not sure where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Noper

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
10/3/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• check/clean the fuel path;
  • ensure integrity of vacuum feed to both the fuel valve and the fuel pump;
  • drain carb's bowl to determine fuel quantity and quality.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Well two things......... after carefull research I found out why i Didn't hear a buzzing noise from my bike when I turned the key , the same reason why i couldn't find the fuse....... for the fuel pump. Regardless what the manual told me...... IT HAS A VACUUM FUEL PUMP!! and I had a split on my fuel line.
Now secondly not sure how your system goes nut when I opened your rrsponce it was clouded, I see writing but Can't read what it says.
Not exactly sure how this whole thing goes but I really don't want to continue this service. Let me know it there's anything I need to do so i don't get billed for next month. I guess I jumped the gun by contacting you but summers coming to a close and every day from here out is a gift.
Thank God it wad not expensive to fix.

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the information.