Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Ranger 570 was running fine. Kids washed it. Went to move…

Ranger 570 was running fine...
Ranger 570 was running fine. Kids washed it. Went to move it. Starts fine. Motor revs fine. Won't go over 8-10 mph. Oil might be a little low. Air filter dirty. Adjusted both. What could be other issues?
9/24/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • drain/flush tank and replace with fresh fuel;
  • • use compress air to clean/dry the CVT and belt.

Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Louie, Technician