Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Will not start, not they are fine, 2005 yamaha 1100 vstar,

Customer Question
Will not start ...

Will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not they are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2005 yamaha 1100 vstar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , when i press the starter button , it turns over and the headlight stays on . if i try to give it the gas when trying to start it , it makes a knocking noise and the headlight flashes on and off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
9/21/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.