Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

How to start when you left it in gear. Help on the road

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
9/21/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually it will still start in gear when holding the brake.You need to apply good pressure to the brake.If this does not work you may have a faulty brake sensor needing replaced which was a common fault.If this is not what is occuring here with this issue let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete