Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Wont start with electric start will with pull recoil, i

Customer Question
Wont start with electric...

Wont start with electric start butt will with pull recoil

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I cleand them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

1998 grizzly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yess i am doing my own work sometimes it wll start after it warms up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuses are all good

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
9/20/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 12 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the starter itself.The electric starter can commonly fail causing this issue here.I would have the power and ignition signal tested at the starter to see if both signals are present.If they are both present when trying to start the engine then the starter itself needs replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete