Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My bike going into gear but when i throttle too hard the…

Customer Question
Hello My bike going...

Hello My bike going into gear but when i throttle too hard the gears slips out

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

5k no lesks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2012 kawasaki ninja zx10r

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just happen today

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 day by:
9/19/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 11 months ago
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic

The problem you describe is most likely the gear dogs in the transmission have become rounded due to abusive shifting ( full throttle power shifts). The only fix is a transmission overhaul. This will require engine removal and disassembly it replace the damaged parts. Typically that includes the shift drum, shift forks and gears.

Please leave a positive star rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can return at any time and post a reply if you need more help with this problem.