Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a ktm 1290 superadventure 2015 but to much heat

Customer Question
I have a ktm...

I have a ktm 1290 superadventure 2015 but to much heat especially thru left airduct on fairing , solution ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No thhis heat is " normal for the bike "

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 motorcycle?

1290 superadventure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealers few times , normal . I was thinking on redirection of the airflow downwards outside the fairing but how

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 2 days by:
9/20/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

can you tell me what the temperature gauge is sitting at on a run?

If this is OK and you want to alter the air flow to stop it from cooking your knee then if you were to make up a 'flip up' from a piece of aluminium sheet so the exit of the duct has a small turn on its inside edge then this will turn the air further out an dviert it away from your body

I've done a simple sketch to illustrate what I mean

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you