kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

I have a 2008 Honda metropolitan that went under water

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Honda metropolitan that went under water during some flooding. I am wondering if there is a drain plug for the drive belt housing
JA: What shape is the drive belt in? Do you know if it needs to be replaced, or just adjusted?
Customer: I don't know. I haven't removed the cover. I was just going to try to drain the water
JA: What is the model of your '08 Honda?
Customer: Chf 50
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have done so far is drain the water out of the engine and change the oil. I have not started the engine yet. I wanted to make sure my drive system was in order before doing that
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I just wanna know if the drive belt case has a drain plug or if I just have to take the whole cover off
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, you'll need to remove the cover as there is no drain plug. I'll post how below.