Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

MY KURYAKYN THROTTLE ASST IS NOT HOLD WHEN I SET IT TO

Customer Question
MY KURYAKYN THROTTLE ASST...

MY KURYAKYN THROTTLE ASST IS NOT HOLD WHEN I SET IT TO CRUISE AND I HAVE IT SPACED AS PER INSTRUCTIONS.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your bike?

2016 VICTORY VEGAS 8 BALL STOCK BARS WITH STOCK GRIPS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 motorcycle?

VICTORY VEGAS 8 BALL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I HAD AN 09 VEGAS SO I TRADE FOR THE 2016 VEGAS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I GAPED IT SEVERAL TIMES

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 11 months ago
kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hello, on victory applications the kuryakyn grips are required to work with it. It is under part 6825 HERE where that is noted.

Victory: Requires Kuryakyn Grips for Victory Applications:'04-'12 Kingpin, '06-'17 Hammer, '04-'17 Vegas, All Gunner & Judge Models All '10-'17 Cross Country, Cross Country Tour, Cross Roads, & Hard-Ball Models Universal all Models with 7/8" or 1" Hollow Bars with open ends (ID>5/8") - Requires 2-3/4" depth of open bar end

I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT BECAUSE IT WAS WORKING ON MY 09 FOR 7 YEARS WITH NO PROBLEM.
SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM ?
ALSO IN THERE ACCESSORIE BOOK IT SAY WORKS WITH OEM ORKURYAKYV ISO $TRANSFOMER STYLE GRIPS

In your opening it states you are using stock victory grips, are you using those or the iso grips?

STOCK AND THEY ALSO APPEAR TO BE IDENTICAL TO MY 09 AT LEAST THE STYLE LOOKS THE SAME.
THE FRICTION DISC IS IT SUPPOSE TO TO HOLD THE RUBBER PART OF THE GRIP? OR THE METAL THROTTLE?

The friction disc needs to be metal to metal. You can see how it goes by clicking HERE

OK THATS WHAT I THOUGHT! AND ITS METAL TO METAL. CAN THE FRICTION TENSION BE INCREASED?

You can tighten the center screw on the cruise assist to increase tension. if that will not get tight enough my suggestion would be to epoxy a thin washer to the grip end to make up the slack then adjust.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE END THAT GOS INSIDE THE THROTTLE CONTROL? BECAUSE THE OUT SIDE IS FOR PLACING THE HANDLE IN THE HANDLE BAR AND SEATING IT IN PLACE?

The part of the grip that contacts the friction disc