Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Puzzled!, My 2013 Street Glide recently wouldn't start

Customer Question
Puzzled!, My 2013 Street...

Puzzled!, My 2013 Street Glide recently wouldn't start (after running fine) pushed started it and when running the turn signals and break lights were on. Waited two days and started again and would not start? Believed to be some electronic issue. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No, Break fluid? Never changed, Bike only has 12000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 motorcycle?

Steet Glide

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to run test on Battery, Fueses and Soleniods.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
9/13/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a short in wiring causing the no start issue as well as the turn signal and brake light issue here.What needs to be done is to inspect wiring on the bike for any shorts or damaged wiring needing repaired.If any issues are found the wiring will need repaired to resolve this issue here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete