Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a canam 650 outlander 2014 and the speedo is not

Customer Question

Hi I have a canam 650 outlander 2014 and the speedo is not working and after about 30 seconds all the gauges drop out with a code that comes up saying new ecu recognised cluster will reset new if you have any ideas it would be very much appreciated
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than the above "...cleaned the speed sensor..."

And do you have access to a volt/multi-meter?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just cleaned the speed sensor and yes we can get a multi meter
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

I understand.

Let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • re-inspect the battery, its ground lines to the harness, frame & engine, and/or re-check and re-clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring including fusible links (if so equipped);
  • • measure battery voltage:
  • - ignition Off;
  • - ignition On;
  • - when attempting to start;
  • - idling;
  • - revving.

The above would enable us to have a baseline of the electrical status of the Outlander.