Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a vstar 1100 and the battery is charged, the starter…

Customer Question
I have a vstar...

I have a vstar 1100 and the battery is charged, the starter just makes a whining noise when I attempt to start it and it will not fire.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have and no they are not. it is a fairly new battery too. Maybe 2 months old

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2000 Yamaha Vstar 1100

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and i have tried to jump it and bump start it. neither worked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of, thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
9/7/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, remove the spark plugs and determine if the engine is cranking when attempting to start.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.