Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 2010 mule and it is getting fuel sillution in the

I have a 2010 mule and it is getting fuel sillution in the oil, I changed the oil and it went away but came back within a few hours after the oil change, mule runs rough has a hard time idling, was wondering if it was possibly fuel injectors bleeding off? Or is it more likely rings?
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: Intermittent
JA: What is the model of your '10 motorcycle?
Customer: 4010
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed oil, sea foam through the intake, verified air filter is good, fuel pump is good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, does the fuel contaminating the oil happens only when the Mule is used? ...or even when just parked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hard to say, seems to b when used, also when operating at full throttle it almost dies and then lets out a huge plum of whitish smoke, then while run fine for a little bit.

Do you have access to a volt /multi-meter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

An injector would have two (2) wires to it. 1 of these wires would have a constant voltage and the other would be pulsating when the engine is running.

• If there is pulsating voltage, then the most likely suspect would be a stuck open injector.
  • On the other hand, a missing pulsating voltage would point to a likely ECU issue.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think I may have found it I unplugged one injector and started it had 13.9 on one side pulsating on the other, I plugged it back in and removed the other plug and the unit would barley start. Got it running and verified it had the same 13.9 on one leg and pulsating on the other, I assume I have a bad injector?

Unfortunately, it would appear that way; a faulty injector.

Also, the 13.9V would seem a bit high.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yep I put the wrong thing 13.39 is what it was

Are you considering / attempting a check/clean of the injectors?

...or replacement?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Replacement

I understand.

Good luck and thank you for the opportunity to share the information.