Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have an 2005 Kawasaki 610 4x4 that when electric is put to

I have an 2005 Kawasaki 610 4x4 that when electric is put to cylinode switch the electric just disappears or gets very week.diconect wire to cylonode and the power on the incoming electric wire performes fine. take off the starter and cylonode from the mule and they seem to work with the starter not grounded.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
with the starter detached from the vehicle, but with main power to starter and the smaller cylonoid wire attached I can hear the cylonide engaging when power is sent to it.at the same time the starter doesn't do anything but it is ungrounded at this point. with the starter attached to vehicle the power to the cylonoid disappears when power is sent to it . This is an replacement starter about one year old. The ignition switch is also an replacement switch about one year old.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • re-inspect the battery, its ground lines to the harness, frame & engine, and/or re-check and re-clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring including fusible links (if so equipped);
  • • more importantly, have the battery externally charged; and
  • • then also have the battery LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect);
  • • locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay/solenoid;
  • • jump the 2 big terminals of the starter relay. Expect a big spark. Starter motor should turn;
  • • if yes, but the starter relay still only clicks (or no click) when attempting to start, then the starter relay is likely faulty and/or the circuitry attendant to it;
  • • if not, then the starter motor and/or battery-cables would be the suspect.

In some instance and/or even if just for test purposes, hardwire a secondary fround line from the battery's - terminal to the frame and to the engine and to the harness' black/yellow wires