Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

Have oil in my clutch cover on polaris aceJA: Has the clutch

Customer Question

have oil in my clutch cover on polaris ace(###) ###-####JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your 900 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i sunk the machine in water. took off cover cleaned out. put new belt on now oil substance in cover. belt get covered and of course slips
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 months ago.

Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to ?

What you need to check is the engine oil level and also the transmission oil level, what might have happened is oil entered the engine and or the transmission through the vent, that can increase levels and you might have pushed out a seal on either the crankshaft and or the input shaft on the transmission.

Either case you should check he levels and then you will have to pull BOTH clutches off and then you can get an eye ball on the seals. You will need a special puller to pull the (drive) front clutch off and it requires a special tool.

Let me know of this helps and or of you have any further questions.

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this did not help me at all. that answer is what every one says. did more information
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 months ago.

OK, then what answer are you looking for ? Maybe you need to be a little more specific on your question ? So your opening statement, you said "have oil in my clutch cover" is there something more you would like to add ?

When you say "this did not help me at all" is there something you want to add to this statement "took off cover cleaned out". put new belt on now oil substance in cover" Since this is all you explained you are looking at, or not sure where the oil is coming from? I don't know because your explanation of the symptom are vague and obviously I cant read your mind.

So based on your explanation of what's happening is, you are looking for the source of where your oil is coming from? I offered the most obvious,

1.) Being that the water might have enter either the engine and or transmission and increased the level, so when these unit are engineered, those levels are critical and if those increase then it will usually get pushed out, so that is something that you need to keep that in mind.

2.) If all that appears to be in order and you don't feel that the levels are where they should be, then you need to consider the fact that you have a seal leaking, this should be easy to determine, however you will need to pull the clutches, there is going to be no way around that, then there are ways to check if its one of the shaft seals leaking other then visual.

I understand that you need to find the leak, as belts are not cheap, but you have to remember that this all happened after the unit was submerged, so the likelihood of your secondary problem is a direct result of when the unit was submerged.

If this didn't help you have two options, if something I said doesn't make sense, then ask me to clarify, or be a little more specific on your question, maybe I didn't get what you were trying to ask as your original question was a little vague, and you really didn't specify what actually you were looking for, other then stating the end results ? Or I can opt out of question and you can get that of an opinion of another expert?

Let me know

Thanks

Kenny