Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 won't start. I was running it up the

Customer Question

2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 won't start. I was running it up the road full throttle then let off the gas and it died. Got it to start again after a long try. Got home about a mile and it died at idle. Now tried to start it back fired and died. Now wont start
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: getting fuel, good spark, dirty plug cleaned nothing
JA: What is the model of your '09 motorcycle?
Customer: No gas hog its a rhino utv 700 FI
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: spark check, fuel check, air check, coil, I'm puzzled
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than the above; "...spark check, fuel check, air check, coil..."?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did just wash rhino before this happened too.
Took plug out cleaned and check against block for spark seemed a bit weak but spark
Can smell fuel pumping into cylinder with plug out. I assume there is fuel. Added sea foam to new gas in tank.
Charged battery which was drained after trying so many times to start.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

...checked/dried the spark plug are?

Offhand, have you considered / tried loosening/removing the air intake duct joint?

...and with your palm cover the mouth of the throttle body then attempt to start?

The idea is to determine if there would be strong suction and if your palm would get wet with fuel. This would also confirm if the fuel flow is good as well as if the lean angle sensor may have inadvertently engaged.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry good suction and fuel
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I understand.

At this point, consider using an air compressor to spray strong air to force dry the electricals and the spark plug area.

There may be a delay in my next post as currently mobile and Internet appears sluggish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything is dry its 90 degrees out and this happened yesterday