Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

How do I stop my Evo from pucking oil out the breather pipe?

Customer Question

JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Brand new oil.
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: this is a build that was purchased and is being refurbished. Motor is 1987 Evo
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, cleaned out oil screen, new filters.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent checked for any restrictions with the crank case breather system this needs done.If there is a restriction of any kind this can cause this fault here and would need corrected.If this was checked and found o.k. this may be an issue with a piston ring issue causing this fault here.This would have to be checked into further to locate which component is causing this fault here and then from there repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete