Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Polaris scrambler that's backfires and dies like…

Customer Question
Ok I have a...

Ok I have a Polaris scrambler that's backfires and dies like its running out of gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The moter

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Scrambler?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Scrambler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sprayed carb cleaner in carb,also cleaned out mouse nest in the belt arier

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Last year had it running when I replaced the electronic control on the throtele

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
8/6/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you checked the burn color of the spark plug tips?