Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I put a cd player on it but radio want read it whats the…

Customer Question
I put a cd...

I put a cd player on it but radio want read it whats the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Victory sony for bike

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?

2008 victory vision

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just installed wire harness plug up and cd player

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What do i need to make it work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
8/5/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "...cd player...sony for bike..."

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check for the presence of always available BAT+12V on the CD player's and Sony stereo's yellow wire (depending on the model);
  • • and switched / ACC+12V on the red wire;
  • • ensure that the black wire and body of the CD player and Sony stereo are tied to a good body ground and not only through the harness' ground line.