Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2004 Honda four tracks and the throttle cable is…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Honda four tracks and the throttle cable is stuck,,,any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Honda?

250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the cable itself undid it and reassembled someone told me to try and spray some wd40 down the cable coverring

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just if maybe it could be the pin in the carb

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
8/5/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Remove the intake boot to the carb from the air cleaner and watch to see if the slide is moving when running the throttle. If not, unscrew the top cover where the cable goes through and pull it out of the top of the carb and you will see if the cable has broken or is seized. In either case it will need to be replaced. Remove the cover at the throttle control and see if the cable is still attached and moves on that side. Let me know

Motorcycle Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 12 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help and I will be glad to help further. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.