Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

How do I access the key hole for a Honda pcx 150 if the key…

Customer Question
How do I access...

How do I access the key hole for a Honda pcx 150 if the key shield is closed and won't open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2013 honda pcx 150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying. The shield won't open.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
8/4/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands replied 11 months ago
Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

You are assume talking about the Sutter Key (Hondas name for it) you must open this first to have access to the ignition switch, correct ?

I just want to make sure that we are on the same page ?

I close the key shield by accident and now I can't get it opened.
I need to know how to get it opened again.

Are you using the opposite side of the key that fits into the ignition It has a knub on the part that you would hold the key, that is keyed to the shutter door ?

Thanks. It worked. Didn't even notice that part of the key.

Perfect, sometimes the door gets jammed also, just be easy when opening and closing, kinda a silly thing, I call it over engineering.

Glad it worked out for you !

Thanks again

Kenny