Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Vespa et2 Changed carb, fuel valve,spark plug,got 12 volts…

Customer Question
Vespa et2 Changed carb...

Vespa et2 Changed carb , fuel valve,spark plug,got 12 volts to chock,but still wont rev up to go

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts perfect

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 motorcycle?

Vespa et2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

New carb,new plug,new fuel valve

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
8/4/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • ensure fuel is fresh;
  • • determine the burn color of the old spark plug;
  • • ensure original air box and filter correctly fitted;
  • • with no possible air leak;
  • • determine quantity and quality of fuel in the carb;
  • • drain carb bowl;
  • - through the drain (hose) by loosening the bottom drain screw;
  • • verify fuel flow.