Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2012 softail wont start, battery is strong but no click or…

Customer Question
2012 softail wont start...

2012 softail wont start, battery is strong but no click or anything when i press start button

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Bike is in neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 motorcycle?

Softail slim

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

It started fine yesterday. I've tried jumping it off but nothing no click or anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 5 days by:
8/9/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault with the start switch itself.If this switch is failing internally this issue here occurs with it needing replaced.If this was or is checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete, took it to HD and the issue was with the BCM. The people at Macon HD are honest so I trust that was the problem. Thanks for your help

That is great to hear the fault has been located.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know as I strive to achieve a 5 star rating.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete