Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 1993 Honda 750 Nighthawk. When I try to start it,

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Honda 750 Nighthawk. When I try to start it, it requires full choke, It starts but will not run without the full choke. Also, if I try to give it more gas it dies? Can you help me?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No, it just won't continue to run once I give it additional throttle. It just dies.
JA: Are you fixing your 750 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything. I asking you what I might try.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I drove it about three weeks ago, and it was running just fine. Now, not.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Prior to riding your bike about 3 weeks ago has it bee used an a regular basis and if not how long was it sitting prior to that ride ?

Also have you have any service work done lately and more in particular with the carburetors ?

Thanks