Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Latch for seat no release can not put in gas, stars fine

Customer Question

latch for seat no release can not put in gas
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: stars fine just get gas in
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2012 spyder limited
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to turned key pushed seat up and down side to side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the latch for the fuel release door being faulty needing replaced.The latch will have to be tested to see if it needs replaced.ON some models there may be a manual release handle/cable that can be pulled to release it.On others though it may take a lock smith or some tools to try and manually release it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete