Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 6, I have an arctic cat 650 h1 that has been

Customer Question
I have an arctic...

I have an arctic cat 650 h1 that has been running fine. I parked it overnight and now I have to use throttle to start and keep it running. I tried driving it and found that it has very little power. I took the air cleaner out and the line that vents the crankcase into the air cleaner puffs like the crankcase is being pressurized, but do not know if that is normal on these

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 650?

2005 with 650 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I tried Startron cleaner and would run the atv 3-5 times a day for the last several days. Today took off the clip to get to the engine to rebuild carb and check the timing chain

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that I got pressure on the crankcase vent and is that normal

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
8/2/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for a fuel issue with lack of fuel from the tank this can be the cause here.If there is a restriction then this will need repaired to resolve this fault.My info doesnt show how the crank vent works on this model but if this is restricted as well this can also cause this fault.I would have this checked into further to locate which component is at fault and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete