Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

Replacing the front tire on my 2003 883 sportster. Just

Customer Question

Replacing the front tire on my 2003 883 sportster. Just checking how to remove the wheel.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your motorcycle. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I have no lift..... just a milk crate. I'm alone.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

you cannot perform this task alone with a milk crate.

- if you need the front wheel changed, you need to get the bike top a shop.

if it can wait, buy a lift. something similar to this is perfect for changing tires and is inexpensive as well. https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Posse-PP2906-Motorcycle-Adjustable/dp/B0053BUCRM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1501614358&sr=8-4&keywords=lift+for+harley

- once raised, remove the brake caliper, remove the axle nut, slide the axle out while supporting the front wheel. not where any spacers go. take good pictures before the disassembly to reference later.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
let me know if you need more help. if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING. thank you, Steve