Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

It won't turn over. Getting a spark and all more so on the

Customer Question

It won't turn over. Getting a spark and all more so on the front head but won't turn ofer
JA: What's the make/model/year of your bike?
Customer: The fuel pump isn't making the nortmal noise that it makes every time .... 2010 harley dyna street bob
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I replaced it however it has started since
JA: What is the model of your '10 motorcycle?
Customer: Got my tank painted so had to send it in Fxdb street bob
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the battery checked the plugs checked the fuses..... not sure what it could be..made sure all connectiosn are tight and good Getting spark. Have compression, but the fuel pump isn't making the sound that it has made the past 7 years I have owned the bike. I hit run and usually I hear the fuel pump engage, however this time, for the first time , I am not, so I think it has something to do with that So I changed the fuse Just in case to no avail
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what I just typed above cause I'm almost at a loss here.... I'm no mechanic I just have been working on my bikes for years
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

- check for power at the fuel pump connector.

let me know what you find.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
let me know if you need more help. if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING. thank you, Steve