Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

When i start my kawasaki mule it runs and idles rough, but

Customer Question
if i turn the key...
When i start my kawasaki mule it runs and idles rough, but if i turn the key back to start the motor revs just fine.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Its in nuetral. Ni wheel lock that i know of
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2003 mule
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Ive installed a carb kit and spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
7/31/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands replied 3 months ago
Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Can I get the hours on this unit and also the 17 digit frame number ?

Also not really clear what you are saying here ? "but if i turn the key back to start the motor revs just fine"

Sure, itll be later though on the numbers. What im saying is that while its running(rough), if you turn the key to syart position it revs up like it wants to run. But as soon as you let go of the key , its back to a rough idle
Here's the vin# *****

Thanks for the info, How many hours ?

So is the starter motor engaging when turning the key ?

Honestly i cant hear it, but with knowing what little i do about elctrical product's, i assume it is.

Do you have the hours on this unit, please answer that ?

Ill get back to you on that.

OK I need that, I also need the type of use that this unit sees on a daily basis and do you have a multi-meter ?

1.) Total hours on this unit ?

2.) Type of use this unit see on a daily basis farm, recreational...etc ? (if farm around animal feces) ?

3.) Do you have a multi-meter ?

Thanks

2000 hrs on the unit. Ive got spark to both cylinders. I tried it again last night and the same thing is happening.

OK well I have asked you multiple question and you are answering what you feel I need, not sure ? You are getting factory level support when it comes to Mules, I pride myself on giving high level support even though you are getting answers for a steal so to speak.

If you look at my last response I actually numbered what I needed from you to at least get started, I'm going to opt out and let another expert see if they can help you.

I understand your symptom and what its doing, you have relayed that to me many times, that will not fix your problem.

Thanks

Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic