Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Rode my 2000 night train. Parked it for the night. Next

Customer Question
Rode my 2000 night...

Rode my 2000 night train . Parked it for the night . Next morning . No spark . Charged battery up to 100

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Percent changed coil and plugs too

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 motorcycle?

Night train . Fxstb I believe . I have not tested battery except for charging it . It holds a charge pretty good .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

New coil and plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It ran great . Shut it off. Didn't run again . Fuel in it is feo

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Motorcycle
Any body home ?
Answered in 2 days by:
8/3/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: brian winther,
 replied 11 months ago
brian winther
Did you by any chance leave the ignition on?
No . The next day I also charged the battery up too 100% just to be sure changed the coil , changed the plugs . Still No spark . It ran fine , shut if off and then nothing . Could my crank case pickup sensor be the problem
Motorcycle Mechanic: brian winther,
 replied 11 months ago
It could be the pick up but first. Is this a key fob bike? Is the light on the dash blinking? Have you checked the ignition fuse?
It's not a key FOB bike .
All the fuses include the ignition fuse seem to be intact . I will change it out though.
The engine light is on when the key is on and when you turn it over a red light flashes . I will change out the fuses and get back to you .
Just changed the fuse . Nothing .
Motorcycle Mechanic: brian winther,
 replied 11 months ago
Is it carbureted or fuel injection? If fuel injection do you hear the pump cycle?
It's Carborated . Choke and everything
Motorcycle Mechanic: brian winther,
 replied 11 months ago
Well then. It's either the Ecu or the pickup. I'm pretty sure at this point we have tried everything else.
I have a pickup ordered .
Motorcycle Mechanic: brian winther,
 replied 11 months ago
Let me know how it goes