Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

2015 Polaris ETX tail lights on all the time. brake lights

Customer Question

2015 Polaris ETX tail lights on all the time. brake lights work with hand brake not with foot brake
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted?

And is a volt/multi-meter available?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all I tried waS TO SEE if the foot pedal was fully releasing it appears to do so the head lights are not staying on just the tail lights volt/multi-meter is available
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

To my understanding, the tailights and brake lights on this model would be LED types. Dampness on the head/tail light switch can and may cause the tailight to light up.

The primary suspect on the not foot brake light would be the brake switch that is activated by pressure from the brake fluid flow. Test this switch or even simply bypass short the terminals. The brake light should light up, If yes, then it would confirm the fault.