Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2011 Fatboy Harley, Battery died. Replaced with correct new…

Customer Question
2011 Fatboy Harley, Battery...

2011 Fatboy Harley, Battery died. Replaced with correct new battery. Dash readout indicates enter code. Is this a dealer only service? Bike is in outstanding condition otherwise. only 11,000 miles. I use a battery tender. I don't ride as much as in the past, maybe 50 miles a month.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

It does have a Harley mechanical warranty.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 motorcycle?

No. I don't find anything about this anywhere. I am thinking it is like the new car dealers. Only they can do this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
7/30/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

you need to perform the "password *****".

you can find it on the internet.

connect a battery charger to the bike before you start. it takes around 1/2 hour with the bike setting with the ignition on.

if it doesn't take, you need to perform it again. all steps must be completed in a specific amount of time and in the correct order.

Steve

Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 11 months ago
let me know if you need more help. if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING. thank you, Steve