Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2001 748, temp gauge not working, fan not coming on.

Customer Question
2001 748, temp gauge...

2001 748, temp gauge not working, fan not coming on. replaced thermostat and the engine management system coolant temp sensor. Still no love.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

I have. What could affect both the fan and the temp gauge?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 motorcycle?

Ducati 748

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. replaced thermostat and engine angemtnt sunset coolant temp sensor

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 2 days by:
8/1/2017
Motorcycle Mechanic: Chase Capicotti,
 replied 1 year ago
Chase Capicotti

Hi there, have you tried checking the fan relay? Also, has there been any work done to the cooling system lately other than what you mentioned or any leaks? An air bubble could cause your temp sensor not to function properly. You could try bleeding the air out of the system to be sure.